Memorial Weekend ‘Super Spectacle’, $5 Anniversary Night Highlight 65th Season at Oswego Speedway
OSWEGO, NY (October 31, 2014) – Oswego Speedway officially announced its 65th anniversary, 15-race weekend schedule featuring the Novelis Supermodified and Pathfinder Bank SBS ‘Road to the Championship’, as well as several blockbuster weekend events, on Friday.
When taking note of the 2015 schedule of events, two key components stand out. The first coming in the month of May, the second on anniversary weekend in August.
“The Home of the Supermodifieds” will host a ‘Super Spectacle’ during Memorial Day Weekend’s Port City 160, as the winged International Supermodified Association will join Oswego’s Novelis Supermodifieds and Pathfinder Bank SBS for an absolute can’t miss weekend of action.
An open practice for all competitors will take place on Friday, May 22 with a one night, action packed, non-stop evening of racing to follow on Saturday, May 23.
A total of 160 laps of green flag action will take place on Memorial Day Weekend as the Novelis Supermodifieds will turn 75 laps in their annual Jim Shampine Memorial, with the ISMA teams going to head to head in the ‘Irish’ Jack Murphy Memorial 50, and the Small Block Supers turning 35 laps in the Tony White Memorial.
The ‘Super Spectacle’ during Memorial Day Weekend’s Port City 160 will not be the first time the Novelis Supermodifieds and ISMA supermodifieds have taken on the Steel Palace on the same evening.
From 1999-2004, wing and non-wing supermodified combination events were held, with the 2003 event being lost to rain.
Bob Goutermout (Novelis Supermodified) and Randy Ritskes (ISMA) were inaugural winners in 1999. Craig Rayvals (Novelis Supermodified) and Johnny Payne (ISMA) collected the last combination main event victories in 2004.
Track officials felt that it is now the perfect time to resurrect one of the biggest weekends in supermodified racing, as a part of the 65th season of action at “The Home of the Supermodifieds.”
More details will be announced through the off-season in regards to Memorial Day Weekend’s ‘Super Spectacle’, making this show the only one day event anywhere in the world that a fan can see each exhilarating version of the supermodified take on the most iconic supermodified venue.
A rain date of Sunday, May 24 will be attached to the weekend.
Throwback Prices on Anniversary Night-
To celebrate the 65th season of racing at Oswego Speedway, there will be a fan appreciation night at the Steel Palace to help celebrate the anniversary on Saturday, August 8.
General admission grandstand seating on August 8 will be just $5, with padded reserved seating available for $10, as the night will feature both the Novelis Supermodifieds and Pathfinder Bank SBS.
You can join Oswego Speedway for its 65th birthday on Saturday, August 8, and bring a friend to show them how you spend your Saturday nights in the Port City.
The Oswego Speedway 65th season opener will take place on Saturday, May 9 and for the first time since 2012, and will include the headlining Novelis Supermodifieds.
However, with ISMA on Memorial Day Weekend, this year’s opener will take on a special twist, and will now include the Race of Champions Modified Richie Evans Memorial 75. Completing a three-division card for the 65th annual lid lifter will be a 30 lap Pathfinder Bank SBS main.
The return of the Spring Championship will cap the month of May on May 30 with the Novelis Supermodifieds and Pathfinder Bank SBS.
Twins, Grand Prix & King of Wings Highlight June, July-
ISMA will return for the second show of the season on Saturday, June 13, paired with the ultra-fast ATQMRA TQ Midgets.
Just one week later the always exciting Novelis Supermodified Twin 35’s will return for the second consecutive year, paired with the first driver autograph session of the season on June 20.
July will continue to be a summer hot bed at Oswego Speedway, as the Fourth of July Grand Prix and Christmas in July will take place on Saturday, July 4 followed by the annual King of Wings on Saturday, July 11.
King of Wings VII will again feature the International Supermodified Association, but this year they will be joined by the nimble NEMA Midgets and NEMA Lites, for a true winged weekend in Oswego.
July will be rounded out with the Summer Championship for the Novelis Supermodifieds and Pathfinder Bank SBS on July 18.
Mr. Supermodified, International Classic 200 Featured in August
The 29th annual $10,000 to win Mr. Novelis Supermodified and $1,500 to win Mr. Pathfinder Bank SBS will kick-start the last month of the regular season on Saturday, August 1, followed by the $5 anniversary night on August 8.
The year’s second driver autograph session will be featured on Saturday, August 15, with the Pathfinder Bank SBS Twin 20’s taking center stage on Saturday, August 22.
Budweiser International Classic Week will run from September 1 – September 6 featuring the 59th annual Budweiser International Classic 200 for Novelis Supermodifieds.
The Race of Champions Asphalt Modifieds will return to ‘Fast Friday’ night action and will be joined by Novelis Supermodified ‘Fast 14’ time trials along with time trials and heat races for the Bud Light SBS Classic.
Bud Light ‘Super Saturday’ Classic Weekend events will feature the final round of the ISMA SuperSeries with the annual running of the Bud Light ISMA SuperNationals 60 along with the Bud Light SBS Classic 75 and the Bud Light TQ Midget Classic.
Race of Champions Weekend is tentatively scheduled for September 18-19 to finish the 65th season of racing at Oswego Speedway, and will once again declare Speedway track champions.
Other special events on the 2015 Oswego Speedway calendar include the annual spring spruce up day on Saturday, April 25 as well as the season opening practice to be held Saturday, May 2.
The Rusty Wallace Racing Experience also returns during the weekends of April 19, July 25, and August 29.
2015 65th Anniversary OSWEGO SPEEDWAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(Subject to Change)
- Saturday, May 2 – Open Practice Session
- Saturday, May 9 – 65th Season Opener: Richie Evans Memorial Modified (75), Supermodified Kick-Off (50), SBS Kick-Off (30)
- Saturday, May 16 – Off/Rain Date for Opener
- Friday, May 22 – Port City 160 ‘Super Spectacle’ Open Practice Session
- Saturday, May 23 – Port City 160 ‘Super Spectacle’: Jim Shampine Memorial Supermodified (75), Jack Murphy Memorial ISMA Super (50), Tony White Memorial SBS (35)
- Sunday, May 24 – Port City 160 ‘Super Spectacle’: Rain Date
- Saturday, May 30 – Spring Championship: Supermodifieds (50), SBS (30)
- Saturday, June 6 – Road to the Championship: Supermodified (50), SBS (30)
- Saturday, June 13 – ISMA Super Series: ISMA Super (50), ATQMRA TQ Midgets
- Saturday, June 20 – Supermodified Twin 35’s: Supermodified Twin (35), SBS (30), AUTOGRAPHS
- Saturday, July 4 – ‘Christmas in July’: Supermodified Grand Prix (75), SBS Grand Prix (35)
- Saturday, July 11 – King of Wings VII: ISMA Super (50), NEMA Midgets, NEMA Lites – Old Timer’s Reunion
- Saturday, July 18 – Summer Championship: Supermodifieds (50), SBS (30)
- Saturday, August 1 – $10,000 Mr. Supermodified (75), $1,500 Mr. SBS (35)
- Saturday, August 8 – $5 65th Anniversary Night: Supermodified (50), SBS (30)
- Saturday, August 15 – Road to the Championship: Supermodified (50), SBS (30),
- Saturday, August 22 – SBS Twin 20’s: SBS Twin (20), Supermodified (50)
INTERNATIONAL CLASSIC 200 WEEKEND
- Thursday, September 3 – 9th annual Oswego Kartway Classic, Classic Cruise-In “Party in the Pits”
- Friday, September 4 – ‘FAST FRIDAY’: Fast 14 Supermodified Time Trials, SBS Classic TT’s & Heats, Modifieds (100)
- Saturday, September 5 – ‘SUPER SATURDAY’: ISMA Supers (60), SBS (75), TQ Midgets (25)
- Sunday, September 6 – ‘CLASSIC SUNDAY’: 2nd Round Super TT’s, Supermodified B-Main, 59th annual Bud Classic 200 for Novelis Supermodifieds
RACE OF CHAMPIONS WEEKEND/OSWEGO SPEEDWAY TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tentatively scheduled for September 18-19